Sending money to Mpesa from Payoneer can be tricky at first. But once, you get the hang of it, it’s actually quite easy to send money from Payoneer to Mpesa from the comfort of your home.
Sending Money from Payoneer to Mpesa: Here’s How
It can be rather hard to transfer money from foreign accounts to Mpesa. Not anymore!
Payoneer has come to your rescue and that of many other Mpesa users across Africa. Payoneer, a reputable financial service provider, allows you to access your money easily. Here are simple steps you can follow.
Create a Payoneer Account
To be able to enjoy the full benefits of this convenience, you need to create an account with Payoneer. The process of creating an account is straightforward.
Visit the Payoneer website at www.payoneer.com and activate your account. You will need, your personal details, including your official name, email address, username, and password. Make sure that the username and the password you give are available to you when doing future transactions.
Once the signup goes through, you will receive an email to the address you provided that contains the account information you just provided. You will also receive information on how and when you will receive your Payoneer card to the physical address of your choice.
Activate the Card to be Able to Send from Payoneer to Mpesa
Once you have received the card to your mailbox or have collected it from your preferred physical address, it’s time to activate it!
Enjoy the convenience of sending it from Payoneer to Mpesa.
- To activate, visit www.payoneer.com and log in to your account using the username and password created earlier.
- Once logged in, select on the menu on the right-hand corner the pop-up, “activate card”.
- The next step is a dialogue box that needs you to key in your 16-digit Payoneer card number that is displayed on your Payoneer card received. You also need to create a secure 4-digit pin that will be used to identify you during all the transactions in the future.
- Click the activate button as the next step.
- Once this is done, you are almost set to send money from Payoneer to Mpesa.
You will receive a message on your Payoneer account confirming that your card is activated and ready for use.
Begin Sending from Payoneer to Mpesa
Once activation is complete, your card is ready to transact. You can receive money online and transfer it from Payoneer to Mpesa.
The process you can follow to send from Payoneer to Mpesa is as follows:
- Log in to your Payoneer account with your username and password.
- Then, select the send to another card option on the menu and specify in the email section provided as email@example.com.
- After this, type in the amount you wish to transfer and insert your e-pay username on the dialogue box provided.
- Press the continue button and you will receive an email stating that the transaction has been initiated and a second email that shows the transaction’s approval.
- After this step, you may have to wait up to 20 minutes for the money to reflect your e-pay account.
- Once the money reflects, you can now transfer it to your M-Pesa account and wait for another about 10 minutes for it to reflect on your Mpesa account.
With these simple steps, you are ready to send money from Payoneer to Mpesa.